The Videocontactcenter service responds to very different needs and its features can be used by users in several ways:
- For desktop use you just need a PC with internet connection, microphone and –optionally - a webcam;
- For businesses, uses may provide different services to the public through the development of customized multimedia kiosks as an information point, totem, touch screens, which can be placed in high traffic areas like train stations, meeting rooms, and hotel foyers.
- The minimum requirements, in terms of hardware and software, to access the Videocontactcenter are:
- Operating Systems: Windows 2000, XP o successivi;
- Sound card ( with DirectSound API compliant drivers);
- Speakers or headphones;
- Webcam - optional;
- Memory: 512 MB RAM and hard drive with 100MB of available space;
- Processor: P4 2GHz or higher;
- Connection Speed: ADSL;
- Internet software: ActiveX;
- Supported Browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5, 6.0 or later;
- Firewall Configuration: If there is a firewall it must allow to the application the access to the internet.
Furthermore, at the first access you also must install the ActiveX service, as requested by the pop-up that appears on the page.